Copyright Infringement Policy
Violating our copyrights can, among other things, result in your website being banned by Google. Please read below for more information.
All images and text on this website are copyright by Ceatus Media Group LLC, or additional copyright holders as indicated. Violation of copyright is a crime under United States law. Copyrights are also enforceable in other countries as a result of international treaties, provisions of which provide protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
Acceptable Use. You may print pages of our website for your own personal use. That is the only acceptable reproduction of our copyrighted material. You may also link from your website to any pages on our website.
Unacceptable Use. Any other use of our text and/or graphics constitutes copyright infringement. Your use of our material is illegal even if you mention Your Legal Guide as the source, or include the author's byline.
Your Legal Guide continually monitors the Internet for illegal reproduction of our copyrighted material. We use proprietary methods as well as publicly available tools such as Copyscape. New technology is making it quicker and easier than ever to identify instances of infringement.
When we find infringement, we will:
- Invoice the website owner for a retroactive licensing fee. Our standard fee is $10 per day, per article or portion thereof
- File a notification with Google, Yahoo, MSN, and other search engines that you have violated the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Search engines regularly remove DMCA violators from their database
- Contact you with a demand to immediately remove the infringing material from your website
If upon notification of violation you do not remove the infringing content, we will:
- Petition your web host to shut down your account. Most web hosting companies have "abuse" departments to handle such requests
- Refer your violation to our law firm for appropriate action.